French Breads and Danish pastry is a new course for 2022. In this course we’ll touch on 2 classic and very different French Breads. We’ll also show you how we laminate pastry dough to create some authentic Croissants and Pain au chocolate.
French Breads and Pastry Course
A full day of understanding creating some French Breads as well as getting hands on with some Danish Pastry.
What we’ll teach you on this course:
Basics: Equipment & Ingredients
Bread: Pain de Campagne, Brioche
Pastry: Croissant & Pain au Chocolate
Techniques: Weighing out Ingredients, Mixing, Lamination, Developing gluten, Shaping & Baking
“Brilliant, packed full of tips and tricks. Garry and Matt were a delight, they were happy to answer the many questions we had. They were patient and helpful. The coffee and food from the cafe at dinner was just gorgeous. We had done a sourdough course with them a couple of years back and that too was great. It was great back then and just as good years later. We've even booked on for another course next year and we can't wait”marierR7438UYBasic breads course - Reviewed 16 November 2021
What the day will look like
As a guideline....
- 9.45am Meet for Coffee & Welcome
- 10am Get Setup in the Bakery
- 10.15am Talk: Ingredients and Flour
- 10.40am Practical: Weighing out & Mixing
- 11am: Lamination of Pastry
- 11.30am Practical: Developing gluten & Fermentation
- 12:50: Second Lamination technique
- 1pm Lunch in our Cafe
- 2pm Practical: Bench Rest, Shaping & Proving
- 2.30pm Practical: Danish Pastry Shaping
- 3pm Practical: Scoring & Baking
- 3.30pm: Talk: Bake Timings
- 4.30pm Tasting and Q&A
All our courses are held in our bakery. The Address is 3 Bath Street, Leek, Staffordshire, ST13 6JQ
Courses are always run on a Sunday and there is Free Parking in Leek Town Centre right outside the Bakery.
Whilst most equipment is provided you may wish to bring your own set of electronic scales and an apron.